Back End Software Engineer
At reebee we are building the best shopping experience. Over 3 million Canadians rely on reebee to save money, discover products, and plan and organize their shopping.
About the Role:
We are looking for a back-end developer to join our team in providing a secure, scalable platform to drive an awesome experience for our users. You will interact closely with front end developers to deliver new features to users from concept to deployment.
- Collaborate with the team to define functional requirements for new projects
- Taking a leadership role in the lifecycle of new features including concept, prototyping, development, testing, deployment and maintaining
- Continuously improve upon existing features and implementation
- Optimizing database queries/schema for efficiency
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, a related degree or equivalent practical experience
- Proficiency writing object oriented PHP (preferred), Python or Ruby using MVC frameworks
- Experienced in SQL database design and optimization
- Good understanding of full-text search engines
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services is an asset
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
To Apply, please submit your cover letter and resume here.